Friday, May 2, 2014

Can't Wait - #2 (Snowballs)

As summer quickly approaches and the weather turns warmer and warmer I think about snowballs. So, this brings me to my next “can’t wait” moment with my child. When I was younger I remember the long, hot summer days. As a treat during summer, whether it was an A on a test or an after baseball game cool-down or just because, my parents would take me to get a snowball. I remember getting the flavor bubble gum when I was younger because it was blue. The cold ice melting in my mouth with the sweet syrup made it the perfect summer drink. By the end of the snowball, I would be sticky and blue.

The day will soon be here, where I let our child experience his/her first snowball. I can’t wait to see our child’s face as he/she looks in amazement at the many different choices of flavors and bright colors. I wonder which flavor he/she will choose. Will it be bubble gum or maybe nectar or maybe a mixture of multiple flavors? Whatever flavor it is, when our child tastes his/her snowball for the first time I know there will be the look of delight in his/her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment